With more than 70 years of being in business, Hardwickes is the longest-established independent firm in the region. During that time, we have developed a deep understanding of Australia’s taxation system and its practical application to our clients’ unique circumstances, whether they are joint ventures, partnerships, trusts, superannuation funds, companies, or individuals.
Our firm is well-equipped to assist businesses in navigating the intricate web of tax laws that they encounter while conducting their operations. Furthermore, we remain up-to-date with the continuously evolving interpretations that regulators apply to both existing and newly introduced provisions that can potentially harm your enterprise.
Our expertise in providing practical taxation solutions to businesses, both corporate and private, is comprehensive. Our services include:
- Related party loans
- Tax consolidation
- Taxation rulings
- Tax governance
- Capital versus Revenue treatment
- Representing you in ATO dealings, including audits, ATO Top 500 and Top 5000 program
- Seeking administrative certainty from the ATO in respect of significant and material transactions
- GST and property transactions
- Payroll tax matters
- Superannuation taxation services
- Comprehensive tax planning
- Tax structuring for succession planning, asset protection and income tax management
- Capital and asset write-off provisions associated with tax-preferred entities – for example, private family landlords with government tenants.
We offer the specialised taxation services listed above in conjunction with our tax compliance services, including the preparation and lodgment of:
- Payroll tax returns
- Income tax returns
- FBT returns
- BAS returns
Government and Public Sector
With our deep expertise in indirect taxes, Hardwickes offers Government agencies solutions to ensure they meet their indirect tax obligations promptly and accurately. Our Government taxation services range from reviewing GST, FBT and superannuation records to developing systems that provide accurate recording, reporting and timely lodgement.
Our tax technical team are some of the most experienced and skilled tax practitioners in ACT and surrounding regions. We offer the following Government sector tax services:
- Compliance and lodgement
- GST, FBT and Superannuation technical advice
- Taxation of employee entitlements
- GST, FBT and superannuation transaction reviews
- Substantiation requirements